Fortnite Battle Royale 
Auteur Message
Apprenti

Message Fortnite Battle Royale
My wife and I were concerned about letting our 8 and 11 year old sons play the game so we consulted with this website which essentially stated that Fortnite develops strategic thinking while your kids kill "monsters." Based, in large part, on this review we allowed our sons to play the game with several of their 8-11 year old friends. :?

When I actually watched my sons play the game, I was shocked to learn that the "monsters" were not monsters at all but human avatars of other players simultaneously playing the game. So, contrary to what this website stated, the game did not involve killing "monsters", but rather involved killing human beings albeit in a fantasy setting.

So, bottom line, if you are a parent considering allowing your children to play this game you need to understand that it involves killing humans, not monsters, and involves the use of military and automatic-type weapons. :(

In my opinion as a former Army officer, hunter and gun owner, this game trivializes killing human beings, normalizes violent gun use, including AR 15 type weapons, and otherwise desensitizes children to violence. :)

Mar Nov 05, 2019 9:42 am