Some Amazing Facts about Cheese 
Auteur Message
Apprenti

Message Some Amazing Facts about Cheese
Maggot Cheese

You read that right. A delicacy in Sardinia, there is a cheese that comes infested with little maggots. It’s not the most inviting at first sight, and some consider it among the most disgusting foods in the world. However, those who have tasted this weird concoction, called Casu Marzu, swear that its unusual taste is nothing like you’ve eaten before. Not surprisingly, several countries around the world have banned this cheese, but it is still available in Sardinia if you know where to look for it. The cheese is so well known that Gordon Ramsey referred to it as the “most dangerous cheese in the world,” and was left speechless for a bit after having his first bite.

Human Cheese

Bacteria, as you already know, plays an essential part in the making of cheese. Keeping that theory in mind, scientists put up an exhibition in Trinity College Dublin that consisted of cheeses made from human armpit, mouth, belly button, and toe bacteria. Apparently, the smell of the final product resembles the odour of the individual human whose bacteria were used to make the cheese. Fear not though, this is just for scientific purposes and shouldn’t end up on your dinner plate any time soon.

Author: https://www.ottimacheese.com/pho-mai-tuoi

Jeu Mar 05, 2020 5:35 am
Apprenti

Message Re: Some Amazing Facts about Cheese
I like these facts. Could u share more?

Ven Oct 23, 2020 3:38 pm
Apprenti

Message Re: Some Amazing Facts about Cheese
Some Amazing Facts About Cheese You Need to Know
1) The cheese was created over 4,000 years of the ago-by accident.
2) It takes 10 pounds of milk to make just 1 pound of cheese.
3) Over 25% of cheese in the U.S. is made in Wisconsin (the rest comes mostly from California, Idaho, and New York).
I myself recently delved into this topic, because I started making pizza using the pizza peel from Emily Howard and I do not regret that I bought a pizza peel)

Ven Oct 23, 2020 3:41 pm