car remote programming 
Auteur Message
Apprenti

Message car remote programming
Many people have problem programming their car's remote and end up paying a lot of amount to a dealer just for 2 minutes of process. I have decided to cover as many remotes as possible through this thread. I'll even try to upload video's of Remote Learning Process so that you all our members can have clear idea about Remote Programming process.

Sam Sep 07, 2019 6:52 pm
Apprenti

Message Re: car remote programming
I'm not sure.. I bought the car off my mum.. She advised she got into the car one day and the key no longer worked to start the car. Maybe she dropped the key at some point and broke the transponder?? Maybe it's a flat battery in the key too? I assume the key has some kind of battery in it?

Sam Sep 07, 2019 6:53 pm
Apprenti

manicottiansi a écrit:
I'm not sure.. I bought the car off my mum.. She advised she got into the car one day and the key no longer worked to start the car. Maybe she dropped the key at some point and broke the transponder?? Maybe it's a flat battery in the key too? I assume the key has some kind of battery in it?

I ended up finding a small shoe repair shop in springwood who also specializes in cutting keys. The normal price to make a spare key was $165 but because he was busy I borrowed the little snooping device for 5 minutes and got the transponder codes for him so he knocked the price down to $150. He then used my original key to cut a new one and programmed up the transponder accordingly. I made sure the key starts the car and unlocks the doors. I even tested it with the original key about 20m away to ensure it wasn't somehow picking it up from the other key and everything works great. I now have a spare key that I got for half the price Nissan wanted to charge me and I got it done on a Saturday.. Very happy.

Sam Sep 07, 2019 6:53 pm
Apprenti

Old enough for DIY solutions to likely work.
For our similar age Kluger I found a key on eBay, complete with coding instructions involving opening and shutting the door and turning the key in a set sequence. Only the cutting required a professional.

Pull apart the original key and look for printed codes on the module, then use that for the eBay search.

Sam Sep 07, 2019 6:54 pm
Apprenti

termrasp a écrit:
Old enough for DIY solutions to likely work.
For our similar age Kluger I found a key on eBay, complete with coding instructions involving opening and shutting the door and turning the key in a set sequence. Only the cutting required a professional.

Pull apart the original key and look for printed codes on the module, then use that for the eBay search.

My only worry is whether the 3rd party keys can be programmed by the dealer or not (or the locksmith). Looking through the seller's feedback, there's of course some negative entries about how the keys couldn't be programmed by the dealer/locksmith which has me worried. Thing is, I don't know if it was an incompetent dealer/locksmith or if it was a problem with the key itself.

Apprenti

I can tell you from my days as a Chrysler-Dodge/GM dealer service manager, that its a crap-shoot at best.

Some of the ebay fobs programmed just fine, and others were total pieces of shit. Ideally, you want to find genuine Dodge pieces. The aftermarket stuff is just not the same quality, and you will likely be disappointed in the longevity of them. I have seen more than one that simply broke apart using the key.

That's just my two cents on the deal. I have had good luck with just plain fobs that don't have the key as an integral component, but these are of course much different.

Apprenti

Remotes and Keys is commited to sourcing the best quality parts possible. We carry both OEM and replacement products. Obviously the OEM items will be the exact same as if it was bought at the dealership parts counter. The replacement "Generic" items are sourced from factories whose products are far superior to the cheap items you'll find on amazon, ebay, and competitor sites. All remotes are tested on Santronics Keyless Entry Testers before they are shipped to you. Many remotes are checked on other kinds of keyless entry testers besides the Santronics. More Information car remote programming

Jeu Sep 12, 2019 8:02 am